A once in a lifetime opportunity!
Right now, you have a unique opportunity to make an immense impact in the medical world and further grow your skills as our new Backend Developer.
We are looking for a back-end developer (golang) to help bring our clinical support system to the next level. Your responsibility will be to take ownership over the API part of our back-end application. This part needs to be continuously maintained and extended with new functionality.
The position is fully remote and does not require residency in Denmark. All our employees are of course welcome to work at our office in Copenhagen.
What will you be doing?
In this full-time position, you will be responsible for supporting our clients, who’re hospitals in Denmark and abroad.
You will work closely with our CTO and our Machine Learning Engineer to maintain the backend of our system.
Your key tasks will be:
· Refactor the current back-end components into our mono-repo (and follow our renewed coding standards)
· Maintain and continue to improve the back-end of our application
· Work according to our software development plan for regulatory compliance
Who are we?
We’re WARD 24/7 – a Copenhagen-based digital MedTech startup on a mission to:
· Help nurses and doctors keep an eye on patients
· Help patients feel safe
· Help hospitals optimize scarce resources
To do so, we have developed medically and mathematically modeled artificially intelligent algorithms that predict clinical complications in real-time.
Together with dedicated engineers, nurses, doctors, and world-class designers, we have created a state-of-the-art clinical support system that will completely change the way patients are monitored in hospital wards.
Take a look at our website to learn more about us: https://ward247.com/
We value transparency and trustworthiness, as we make our impact in the medical world.
Our Development Team currently consists of one machine learning engineer, back-end developer (part-time) and a front-end developer.
Who are you?
Ideally, you’re a Backend Developer with a couple of years of experience with developing scalable API’s in golang.
You will be technically supported in your work by our Machine Learning Engineer, who is an experienced golang developer.
You’re a self-supporting professional who solves problems on the go and proactively communicates with your teammates and you have an open and friendly attitude. You know to find a nice balance between delivering new functionality and keeping the quality of our code base high. You really try to understand what functionality is needed and keep your solutions always as simple as possible. You always write automated tests for every piece of functionality you develop, and you document your architecture, design, and other technical choices for regulatory purposes (according to our software development plan).
You possess the following skills and knowledge:
· DB architecture work experience
· SQL(any) work experience – 2 years
· Golang REST API work experience – 2 years
· Automated test experience
· Fluency in both spoken and written English
· Ambition to grow with an ambitious and constantly growing organization
Applicants who also possess skills in the following will be preferred:
· Redis or KeyDB
Our tech stack is the following:
· Golang for data pipelines and API
· Python for algorithms
· Dart (Flutter) for our front-end applications
Our app internally communicates via RabbitMQ and all data is stored in a Postgres database. Our code is managed (with build and test pipelines) in Azure DevOps.
What benefits do you get working at WARD 24/7?
· Friendly and creative working environment
· Progressive company culture – mistakes are chances to learn and are encouraged
· Be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team with many different professional backgrounds
· Flexible working hours
· Work remotely, at our office in Health Tech Hub Copenhagen, or at Bispebjerg Hospital
Why is now the most exciting time to join?
We are currently in trials for our innovative monitoring solution driven by Artificial Intelligence in two different hospitals in Denmark and are at the verge of scaling up our solution towards other hospitals and countries.
We are working hard on improving the application based on these trials and are of course making it ready for the commercial world where the key words are scalability, performance, and security.
Apply now! And join us in our passion to drastically improve monitoring of patients both hospitals and at home – and ultimately save lives and reduce complications.
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com