Ward24/7 is looking for a Chief Technology Operations Officer.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader and team player, who wants to join a very ambitious and successful team, and who is motivated by the opportunity to become a partner, and take on the full technical responsibility in small and agile start-up, and have the possibility to influence all strategic and tactical decisions and processes.
Ward 24/7 is a Copenhagen-based digital MedTech startup on a mission to help nurses and doctors keep an eye on patients, help patients feel safe – and help hospitals optimize scarce resources. To do so, we have developed medically and mathematically modeled, artificially intelligent algorithms that predict clinical complications in real-time. Together with dedicated engineers, nurses, doctors, and world-class designers, we have created a state-of-the-art clinical support system that will completely change and eventually replace the way patients are monitored in hospital wards today.
Based on a large grant from the Innovation Fund Denmark, we have developed a fully functional prototype, which is currently monitoring Covid-19 patients and undergoing clinical validation in randomized clinical trials. We are in the final development stage of the first version of the system and the results are already promising. Now we need to transform the “development MVP” into a fully commercial CE-marked and FDA-approved clinical support system that we plan to launch in late 2022.
We need a Chief Technical Operations Officer (CTO) to join our team of commercial brains, medical doctors, and biomedical engineers and drive the product development of the first commercial version as well as the technical development of future versions and products.
As our CTO, you will report to our CEO and build a strong set-up of internal and external resources to accomplish the job at hand. Your immediate tasks include:
- Develop a detailed product roadmap from fully functional MVP to internationally launched product
- Drive the development of software and IT-architecture together with internal and external resources and collaborators
- Drive system development in compliance with the latest regulatory requirements from the EU and US markets and develop the technical documentation accordingly
- Drive the development of human factor testing in Europe and the US and continuously work with users to optimize user-experience
- Drive the technical set up for testing the WARD clinical support system in global clinical pilots and implementation trials
- Set up the technical part of a service and maintenance structure suitable for a global launch
- Work closely with our academic partners at the Technical University of Denmark to optimize existing algorithms and existing set-up – as well as optimally integrate more machine learning elements and new modalities into future generations of the WARD clinical support system. (In essence, the system consists of 1) cloud-hosted intelligent algorithms that analyze data from already marketed, wireless standard vital sign sensors and 2) intuitive user interfaces that we co-created with nurses to make sure the system respects the underlying workflow of hospital staff.)
Ideally, you have experience with the development and implementation of software products for regulated industries, preferably from an international hospital environment, including experience with various coding and programming languages as well as AI/ML-development.
- + 8 years with software and/or IT-architecture experience from developing commercial software applications for the hospital sector
- +2 years in a leadership position, or position with overall responsibility for system development and implementation
- Specifically, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304 and HIPAA/GDPR experience is an advantage
- Digital health experience and experience building and managing cloud-based services for the hospital sector are additional advantages
This is an opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial and executive presence, who will enjoy the opportunity to be the outward-facing technical executive of the company. External communication, strategic thinking, strong business acumen, and close following of technological trends are fun, challenging, and essential aspects of the job.
The position does not have to be permanently based in Copenhagen.
We look forward to hearing from you
2100 Copenhagen Ø
Please contact CEO & Co-founder:
on email, linked-in, or send a what’s app: